Gilad Shalit has been held captive in Gaza for:

Monday, May 18, 2009

Pet Peeve: Traffic Backup

Here's another thing I can't stand - traffic. Okay, that can't be called a pet peeve because everyone hates it, but I have a pet peeve about MY traffic.

I live on a beautiful mountain that overlooks a valley, that stretches length-wise between Jerusalem and my city. From my living room, I can see Jerusalem on the next set of hills. I can also see, far below me and climbing up, the highway that allows tens of thousands of people from my city to enter Jerusalem and beyond. Every morning for the last few months, traffic has built all the way from Jerusalem down the hill and sometimes even curving back up our side.

And my pet peeve is that I can look out the window and see the road is clear, but in the 15 minutes it takes me to leave my home, cross the city and finish the descent before circling and climbing...the traffic will build suddenly. What good is having a window on traffic, if it takes you so long to get there, the traffic has such a chance to change? We're moving in a few weeks - maybe then I'll know if it is better to knwo or not know, expect or not expect.

Either way, I hate traffic...but I guess that doesn't really count because is there anyone who LOVES traffic?

No comments:

Post a Comment